Sunday, January 16, 2011

Star Wars love

 A few months ago I saw a post on Centsational Girl blog about the re-do of her home office.  I was completely inspired because I work at home as a medical transcriptionist so a really lovely place to work is near and dear to my heart.  It was especially appropriate because I was in the process of moving my work space to our master bedroom.  Previously, I had worked in what is our home office but is used almost entirely by my husband.  We are glad we have an extra room in our home for bill paying, filing and for my husband to work at home when necessary since he is an IT guy and this is crucial.  However, the decor just wasn't me. And it really can't be changed because it has already made it's mark.  See, my husband and three boys are die-hard Star Wars junkies and this room reflects that. To the  utmost. Hence, I was surrounded by this:



I now work here:
A little better, although still very much a work-in-progress, but my views are now this:



This is more my idea of a place to work.  I particularly love the wall decor of my name made by my son.  My husband has one with his name on his side.  We have an armoire  I will refinish that currently houses the TV in this room, that I'll be able to close up and I love that idea.


1 comment: